Ola is India’s largest mobility platform and was founded in 2010. With operations in more than 250 locations around the UK, New Zealand, Australia, and India, it is one of the largest ride-hailing companies in the world.
By providing a variety of vehicles, including cabs, metered taxis, auto-rickshaws, and motorcycles, the well-known Ola app promotes mobility services. This organization has a sizable customer base and more than 1.5 million empowered driver-partners thanks to its openness and ease. Ola was founded by Ankit Bhati and Bhavish Aggarwal, and its headquarters are in Bangalore. The platform guarantees a reliable back-end system through data sciences and engineering and provides a comfortable experience for the
driver-partners and riders. In order to grow, Ola now intends to float its initial public offering.
Objectives of Ola IPO
Ola wishes to utilize the proceeds from the public issue in the following manner:
- To be updated
- To be updated
Why Should You Invest in Ola IPO?
Following are the advantages based on which an individual can invest in the public offering of this taxi aggregator:
- Ola has emerged as a successful platform, with over 1 billion rides served each year.
- It also includes Ola Electric (the electric vehicle arm) and Ola Fleet Technologies (the biggest fleet management business in India).
- Ola Skilling focuses on ensuring livelihood opportunities for the youth in India.
- It has acquired Ridlr, a leading ticketing and public transport commuting app in the country.
- Further, it has invested in Vogo, which offers keyless scooter and bike rentals across Hyderabad and Bangalore.
- It also extends its customer offerings, such as credit-led payments and microinsurance, via Ola Financial Services.
- Under Ola Foods, it offers a variety of food brands via the biggest network of kitchens in India.
Ola IPO Financials
|Financial Year||Total Assets||Total Revenue||Profit After Tax|
|FY 2021||To be updated||To be updated||To be updated|
|FY 2020||To be updated||To be updated||To be updated|
|FY 2019||To be updated||To be updated||To be updated|
Know before investing
Ola Peer Comparison
|Name of the Company||Revenue||Gross Transaction Value||Monthly Downloads||Employee Strength|
|Ola||To be updated||To be updated||To be updated||To be updated|
|Uber||To be updated||To be updated||To be updated||To be updated|
Ola IPO FAQs:
Q1. What is the operating profit for Ola for 2020–21?
Ans. In 2020-21, the standalone operating profit for Ola was Rs. 89.82 crores.
Q2. Has Ola obtained any Term Loan B in 2021?
Ans. Ola fetched $ 500 millions via a TLB (Term Loan B) in December 2021. It has obtained the amount from marquee institutional investors.
Q3. What is the operating revenue of Ola in FY 21?
Ans. The operating revenue of Ola in FY 21 is Rs. 689.6 crores, marking a 65% drop from FY 20. This is because the COVID-19 pandemic brought about nationwide lockdowns that affected travel.
Q4. Did Ola raise funds from Edelweiss?
Ans. Yes, Ola has raised $ 139 millions from entities such as Edelweiss, Atul DP Family Trust, Alka DP Family Trust, Vicco Laboratories, Hero Enterprise, Tejal Merchantile, IIFL and Siddhant Partners.
Q5. Where is Ola Futurefactory located?
Ans. Ola Futurefactory is located in Krishnagiri, Tamil Nadu. This facility focuses on producing an e-scooter every 2 seconds.